RV OWNER RENTAL PROGRAM
Dear RV Owner,
Is your beautiful late-model RV sitting
unused and idle for weeks - or months – at a time? All the while, are you paying each month
for loan payments, storage and insurance?
started RV Rentals San Diego because we owned an expensive RV and
found it sat around too much to justify the expenses. We decided to rent
our own valuable RV. We were dedicated to the principle that we would only rent to qualified families who would care for our coach as if it was their own.
Our success resulted in friends adding their coaches to the rental program. As the word about our fabulous RV rentals by owner has grown, so has the need to expand our fleet to accommodate all the rental requests.
Because we market our RV's primarily to responsible, mature families on vacation, we
believe our fleet is truly one of the finest, highest quality, cleanest and
most well maintained in all of Southern California.
We would be happy to show you any of our other rental RV's to prove this. We
have coaches that have been rentals for years - but you would never know it
from looking at the vehicle.
How would you
like your RV to actually help pay for itself!
At www.rvrentalssandiego.com, we are looking
to add a very limit number of high quality, late model motorized RV’s into our
rental inventory. If your coach qualifies, you may be able to quickly and easily rent out your new unused RV and
enjoy significant monthly rental proceeds. Our proven RV rental marketing
- Send you
thousands of dollars per year in NET revenue!
- Allow you to enjoy your RV anytime you want
– no restrictions!
- Help you keep your RV at our ultra secure
- We handle all renter communication and
- Provide detailed RV cleaning and routine
servicing included between rentals.
- Feature effective national, regional & local
rental marketing programs.
- Guaranteed no upfront costs, monthly
advertising fees or hidden expenses to sign-up.
- You let us rent your motor home to vacationers whenever you are not using it.
- We split the rental fee in YOUR favor: 55% (you) and 45% (us)..
- Your income can be enough to make your monthly payments AND pay the insurance, AND pay the registration, AND pay for maintenance, AND pay for storage, AND pay miscellaneous fees and taxes, AND probably put several thousand dollars each year into your pocket!!!
- Since you earn income from renting your motor home, you can become a business and enjoy many of the advantages of being in your own passive business.
- You don't have to do anything in the business.
- We do the advertising, arrange the rental, collect the money, maintain your motor home in the same condition we got it, make repairs, store it, and supply you with year end tax reports.
- If you need them...you can get $30,000+ in tax deductions because you let us rent out your motor home.
In addition to earning income and offsetting the costs of RV ownership, you may qualify for substantial tax benefits including:
- Depreciation - Most of our owners use a 5 year depreciation schedule for income tax purposes. You can take 52% during the first 2 years alone.
- Expenses - You'll be able to deduct all rental expenses (our fees), insurance premiums, routine repair & maintenance costs, any upgrades you might want on your motor home, plus a vacation each year. These now all become business expenses. Business losses can help offset other personal tax liabilities.
- Section 179 Deduction - Each year the government allows a capital investment purchase that can use an accelerated depreciation schedule for that investment. In 2010, the allowance was $35,000. (For more information, see Publication 946 from the Internal Revenue Service IRS)
- Business Entity - Owners have formed a simple LLC and have maintained their coach as a business asset.
We strongly recommend that you consult with your own tax advisor who can explain how to properly set things up to give you the maximum benefit.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I know my coach won’t get "trashed"?
- This is the single biggest concern of RV owners. The long and the short of it is the renter is responsible for returning the motorhome in the same condition that they received it. The only exceptions are the normal wear and maintenance items (tires, generator, service etc…).
- Each renter application is personally screened before a reservation confirmation is issued. We obtain and verify addresses, phone numbers, driver’s license information, auto insurance information and any other information that seems pertinent to background each renter.
- Every approved renter is given an extensive orientation on the coach and must sign an itemized orientation and safety checklist before the rental goes out. We personally go over each system on the coach with the renter and confirm, before departure, that everything is working and is in acceptable condition.
- In addition, each renter is required to read and sign a copy of our RV Rental Agreement Terms & Conditions. These terms and conditions were written in detail to protect the coaches, our owners and ourselves should any problems should arise. They clearly spell out what the renter’s responsibilities are and define how any damage or repiars are to be handled.
- Every coach is immaculately cleaned, full of fuel and water and thoroughly inspected before it leaves. We take high-resolution digital photographs of every check-out just before it goes out, so there is no question of its condition. The renter signs that the rental unit is in good condition and agrees to return it in the same condition, full of fuel and clean.
- On the Vehicle Check-Out form and our contract, it clearly states that we have up to 3 business days to inspect the unit before refunding the renters deposit. Each renter must pay for the rental in advance plus leave us a $1500 (minimum) security deposit.
What if I want to use my coach?
When you know you want to use your coach, just check our exclusive real-time online availability calendar to see if and when your coach is available. Just send us an email to let us know the dates you would like to enjoy your RV and we will immediately block it out for your use.
When you pick up your coach, it will be perfectly clean, full of fuel, water and propane. We'll start the refrigerator and water heater for you and check all the appliances, generator, etc. All we ask is that you return it in the same condition - full of fuel, propane and cleaned with all holding tanks emptied so that it's ready to go out on the next rental.
If you prefer, we can take care of your return interior for one low fee which we will simply add to your next monthly statement.
Are people allowed to smoke in my coach?
NO! WE HAVE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR SMOKING in our coaches. Every coach is tested for smoking before and after every rental. If any evidence is found, the renter is charged a cleaning and deodorizing fee (no exceptions) plus must pay for any damage caused by smoking.
Who is allowed to drive my coach?
ONLY the renter and persons designated at the time the reservation is taken. Each designated driver must be at least 25 years of age and will be required to give their full name, address, social security # and a valid driver's license with expiration date. The renter understands that they're the responsible party and will be charged for any damage or repairs due to negligence caused by them or any designated additional drivers.
Do I need special motorhome insurance?
No. We require each renter provide a certificate of insurance binder from their auto insurance company prior to departure. In the rare case where an insurance claim needs to be filed, it is the renters company who will provide the primary coverage.
Some owners do decide to upgrade to commercial vehicle coverage. While significantly more expensive, it is a business expense, provides greater liability coverage and can promote additional rentals because your renters can purchase coverage for about $25/day.
Ask us if commercial insurance is of interest to you.
Can I use my RV whenever I want?
RV Rentals San Diego Owner Rental Program is 100% opt in. There are NO LIMITATIONS OR RESTRICTIONS on owner use. Of course, if you use your RV during all holidays and all summer it will severely limit your rental revenue.
I am interested in selling my RV. Can you help?
The answer is YES! A very good percentage of our customers are folks who are in the market and looking to purchase a motorhome, however they want to "test the waters" and rent an RV before making such a large investment. On select rental units that we have listed for sale, we've developed an incentive program where we offer potential buyers the opportunity to rent an RV and apply their rental costs to the purchase of that specific motorhome. It's like giving potential buyers an extended test drive and a chance to "fall in love" with the RVing lifestyle and more often than one would think, the very same RV they first experienced RVing. And, regardless of the outcome you win. Either you've sold the motorhome, or you've earned revenue while out on rental.
What do I have to do to enroll?
Enrollment in RV Rentals San Diego Owner Rental Program is surprisingly easy! Owners just supply the RV and we take care of the rest. We have the clientele, the experience and the most stringent screening process in the industry. RV Rentals San Diego will manage the unit, collect the rental fees & deposits and generate an itemized statement & commission check each month.
Please Note: We are not able to accept coaches over seven model years
old, travel trailers or toy haulers for our owner rental program - but thank
you for your interest.
For More Information, Please Contact Us:
If you would
like to receive complete information about the benefits of renting out your
RV when you are not using it, please click on the link below and submit the RV Owner Rental Information Request below:
CLICK HERE To Request More Information